Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Starting a new blog...

I've just returned from about a week and a half in Sorrento with my wife...the experience inspired the title of this blog. The Italians have a phrase, "Il dolce far niente", literally, "the sweetness of doing nothing". Mind you, the people who live where we were are among the hardest working folks I think I've ever seen, but they have an orientation to life which has become lost to us here in the US, I think. When they work, they work harder than anyone I've seen, but when they're not working, they know how to relax better than anyone I've seen...more about this later, but for now, let's get started!

I'm not really sure what this blog is going to be about. A little about life, a little about politics (one of my abiding passions), maybe some about hi tech (another of my passions, and how I earn my living), and who knows what else! Maybe it'll be fun, maybe provocative, maybe a little boring from time to time, but hey, so am I!

Hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I know I'll enjoy writing.

No comments: